Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Musically Inspired Bags

I find I am mostly inspired by different fabrics when it comes to putting a bag together.  These two 'music bags' were a perfect shape for the stripey design of the cotton fabric and the black and white theme.  I might just have enough fabric left for a couple of zipped pouches too...


I used piping around the outside and a pocket or two inside, zipped and plain



and finished them off with a nice black button


 

The perfect bag for a music lover!

I wanted a soft but sturdy bag, so I interfaced the outer fabric and used a soft but heavy interlining.  Both bags have a reinforced bottom so they will stand up on their own.  They measure approximately 13" wide by 11" tall with a 4" gusseted bottom so they are big enough for a lot of 'stuff' whilst still being a nice sized handbag.  These will be going on my stall at Tissington Craft Fair over the weekend.




3 comments:

  1. This is a great bag. The black and white combo is a plus too. I can't tell you how many times I have folks come up to me and ask if I have black and white fabric bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!!! Well done mum!!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great bags, Jenny. I love that keyboard fabric, and the lining fabric with the little musical notes! You should have no trouble selling those at your Fair! :o)

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you!

wibiya widget