Wednesday, 11 August 2010

MOON OVER THE MOUNTAIN TOTE BAG

OK I know the 'mountain' is a bit flat but that is what I had in mind when I designed this bag, having watched the full moon come up over the mountains on a couple of evenings while I was away.  It's just the kind of bag I like, being lovely and 'squashy' but very sturdy.  I bought this fabric a few weeks ago with just this type of appliqued bag in mind,  I think it's worked really well with the brown and duck egg blue.  The lining is some cotton I've had for a while, waiting for just the right project and I made sure I put plenty of pockets in it.

It took ages and several tries before I got the magnetic closure just right.  I realise now that I need to plan these details before starting on a bag and not halfway through!  Turned out OK in the end though.

I love how the lining has lots of  'movement' in it.  Just like the sea...  (Do I sound like I know what I'm talking about?) 

John's been busy too while I've been away on holiday, he's started attending a watercolour painting class to try and concentrate on something other than work.  This is his first project - you may disagree but I think it's pretty good!

3 comments:

  1. You know when I looked at your bag, I thought the blue with the waves was the mountain and the brown was the flat land! John's first project is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice bag, Jenny! I love the color combination of dark brown and duck egg blue. And I think your husband's first watercolor is fantastic...watercolors aren't easy to do!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie, I think your husband's painting is wonderful. If that is his first one, wait till he gets some experience. Your bag is great too. Love the lining fabric. Winona

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you!

wibiya widget