Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Hearts and Flowers Zipped Purses

Summer in England has been decidedly disappointing.  Since I came back from holiday it has done nothing but rain and I could have taken my hot water bottle to bed last night it was so chilly!  So I've spent oodles of time in my workroom, sorting scraps, oiling my old Bernina, cutting up pieces ready to make into scrappy quilts and, best of all, making more bags! 

I love making zipped purses and pouches and these denim ones are all ready for the next craft fair in September at Tissington.  I hope they'll sell!




I used some pretty prints and buttons to add embellishments and did a bit of machine embroidery as well as quilting, to add interest - and because I like doing it!



I also made a few cute snap wallets.  Think I might keep one of these!

 

I've signed up for a couple of other craft fairs leading up to Christmas so I'll be sewing prolifically over the next couple of months.  John says he hopes I sell some of it as the cupboards are bursting at the seams already :-)

1 comment:

  1. Your denim bags and wallets are great! I love making zipper bags myself, so I'm always on the lookout for new ways to decorate them - your flowers are particularly cute! Good luck at the craft fairs - I look forward to seeing what else you create :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you!

wibiya widget