Friday, 20 August 2010

Festival of Quilts 2010 and The Bag Making Bible

I had a lovely day at the Festival of Quilts yesterday and of course took a look at the bag section for some inspiration.  I don't think I'll be making any of these in the near future though...



Impressive aren't they?  There were also some lovely clothes; I particularly liked these colourful jackets:



I stopped by the Coats stand where Lisa Lam was signing copies of her new book, "The Bag Making Bible" I didn't buy, but it's definitely going to be on my Christmas list this year!  Lisa also has a great blog and an online shop which sells everything you could ever need to make a bag - a fantastic resource. 

I've posted pictures of some of my favourite quilts from the show on my other blog if you want to take a look.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time, Jenny! Those bags are something else. I adore Lisa...her U-Handbag blog is fabulous and she is so generous in sharing her information and expertise! I'm going to have to put her book on my Christmas list, too!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    P.S. I took a class at a quilt show to make one of those jackets...uhm, making clothes is definitely not my forte and I'll be sticking to bags! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you!

wibiya widget