Monday, 30 August 2010

COTTON TOTE BAGS - GET OUT YOUR SUNGLASSES!


I've had this 'cheater' fabric in my stash for some time, waiting for the right project.  I think I found it at last!


The pink goes nicely as a lining and I've used both on the pockets.


I used some cotton wadding and calico backing, quilting with variegated thread for interest.

This bag is a little more subdued but I think it's very pretty


I used a new technique for attaching the magnetic snaps, it works great


the pockets are nice and roomy, as is the bag.  I've almost come to the end of my marathon of bag making.  I go back to work tomorrow and won't have much time then.  I'll miss my little sewing room!

3 comments:

  1. Summer hols over. Love the bags, must have a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new technique for the magnetic snaps. Must try that for my next bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that first bag. So bright and cheerful! But the second bag is lovely, too. And I used that technique for magnetic snaps on a bag I recently made...I like it, too! :o)

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you!

wibiya widget