Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Bright and Sunny!



This sunshine yellow fabric went so well with the Ikea cotton print that I couldn't resist making this bright and sunny bag.  It has large pockets on the outside made with the cotton print and a good sized pocket on the inside.  Having been tipped off by Jane that people like to buy bags with fasteners rather than without, I now make sure every bag has a fastener - this one has a big red button which was just crying out to be used!





Then I had some of the aqua and brown fabrics left over so just had to make a couple more bags out of it.  These are also big and roomy with pockets inside, padded and quilted.


I enjoyed sewing the design on this one - it's a pleated bag with a very bright and colourful lining and a magnetic snap fastener.




I'm off to the Festival of Quilts on Thursday so who knows what lovely delights I might come back with!  I'll be taking lots of photos to share too.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, jealous. I haven't seen this Ikea print before! The first bag is so bright and cheerful. I noticed your pleated bag has pleats at the far end. How interesting! (for a pleat addict like me) I like the brown leaves applique. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yellow bag is lovely, so cheerful. And I like the blue one with the leaf motif x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bags are lovely. I like the blue one with the leaves appliqued on the front of it. Have fun. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that yellow and blue tote! It's so bright and cheerful. The others are nice too, but that one just really catches my eye. I'm going to have to go to Ikea and look for that fabric!

    Have fun at the Festival! Looking forward to seeing your photos!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you!

wibiya widget